Live World News
https://liveworldnews24hours.blogspot.com/2026/02/israel-lays-down-demands-for-us-iran.html
Israel lays down demands for US-Iran nuclear deal
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has insisted Tehran must be barred from enriching uranium
Any deal with Iran on its nuclear program must strip the country of the ability to enrich uranium, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has demanded.
The remarks came ahead of a second round of indirect US-Iran talks scheduled for Tuesday in Geneva, following negotiations in Oman earlier this month. The renewed diplomatic push comes after joint Israeli and US strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities last year, justified as preventing Tehran from acquiring nuclear weapons – an ambition it denies.
Speaking at the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations on Sunday, Netanyahu said he was “skeptical” a deal was possible, but argued that if struck, it must include three components.
“The first is that all enriched material has to leave Iran,” he stated. “There should be no enrichment capability – not stopping the enrichment process, but dismantling the equipment and the infrastructure that allows [them] to enrich.”
He added that any deal must also address Iran’s ballistic missile program.
Netanyahu said he conveyed these demands to US President Donald Trump during their meeting last Wednesday. Trump later told reporters no “definitive” agreement had been reached on how to proceed with Tehran, but that he had “insisted that negotiations with Iran continue to see whether or not a deal can be consummated.”
Over recent weeks, Trump has sent an ‘armada’ to the Middle East and threatened further attacks unless Iran agrees to a deal on both its nuclear and missile programs. Last week, he raised the prospect of regime change and announced a second carrier strike group deployment, with media reports claiming the US military was ordered to prepare for a sustained multi-week operation if talks fail.
Iran has repeatedly emphasized that its missile program is a “red line” and “strictly non-negotiable.” It also insists it will not agree to zero enrichment, arguing that the program is necessary for energy security.
However, Deputy Foreign Minister Majid Takht-Ravanchi told the BBC on Sunday that Iran could consider compromises, such as diluting its 60%-enriched uranium, if Washington considers lifting long-standing sanctions.
In an X post on Monday, Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said he arrived in Geneva “with real ideas to achieve a fair and equitable deal.”
Joined by nuclear experts, I will meet @rafaelmgrossi on Mon for deep technical discussion. Also meeting @badralbusaidi ahead of diplomacy with U.S. on Tues.
I am in Geneva with real ideas to achieve a fair and equitable deal.
What is not on the table: submission before threats
“What is not on the table: submission before threats,” he insisted. He previously stressed that Tehran is ready for military confrontation if diplomacy collapses.
0 Comments
দয়া করে নীতিমালা মেনে মন্তব্য করুন